Provides access to the result of a request to open a database.
- The event handler for the upgrade needed event.
- The event handler for the blocked event. This event is triggered when the upgradeneeded should be triggered because of a version change but the database is still in use (ie not closed) somewhere, even after the versionchange event was sent.
Inherited from IDBRequest
- The error codes returned under certain conditions.
- The event handler for the error event.
- The event handler for the success event.
- The state of the request. Every request starts in the pending state. The state changes to done when the request completes successfully or when an error occurs.
- Returns the result of the request. If the the request failed and the result is not available, the DOMException InvalidStateError exception is thrown.
- The source of the request, such as an Index or a ObjectStore. If no source exists (such as when calling indexedDB.open()), it returns null.
- The transaction for the request. This property can be null for certain requests, such as for request returned from IDBFactory.open (You’re just connecting to a database, so there is no transaction to return).
- W3C IndexedDB Specification
- W3C Proposed Recommendation
Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]