This article is Not Ready.
Needs Summary: This article does not have a summary. Summaries give a brief overview of the topic and are automatically included on some listing pages that link to this article.
Features Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer Opera Safari Basic support
Features Android Firefox Mobile IE Phone Opera Mobile Safari Mobile Basic support
Note: In addition to the attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles listed above, SVG elements also inherent core HTML attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles.
See the use element for an example of using it with the defs element.
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Document Structure, Section 5.11.4
The SVGDefsElement object has these events:
- onload: Occurs when the browser has fully parsed the element and all of its descendants.
The SVGDefsElement object has these methods:
- getBBox: Gets the bounding box, in current user space, of the geometry of all contained graphics elements.
- getCTM: Gets the transformation matrix that transforms from the current user units to the viewport coordinate system for the nearestViewportElement object.
- getScreenCTM: Gets the transformation matrix from the current user units to the screen coordinate system.
- getTransformToElement: Gets the transformation matrix that transforms from the user coordinate system on the current element to the user coordinate system on the specified target element.
- hasExtension: Determines if the specified extension is supported.
The SVGDefsElement object has these properties:
- className: Gets the names of the classes that are assigned to this object.
- clipPath: Sets or retrieves a reference to the SVG graphical object that will be used as the clipping path.
- externalResourcesRequired: Gets a value that indicates whether referenced resources that are not in the current document are required to correctly render a given element.
- farthestViewportElement: Gets a value that represents the farthest ancestor svg element.
- focusable: Determines if an element can acquire keyboard focus (that is, receive keyboard events) and be a target for field-to-field navigation actions (such as when a user presses the Tab key).
- mask: Sets or retrieves a value that indicates a SVG mask.
- nearestViewportElement: Gets a value that indicates which element established the current viewport.
- ownerSVGElement: Gets the nearest ancestor svg element.
- requiredExtensions: Gets a white space-delimited list of required language extensions.
- requiredFeatures: Gets or sets a white space-delimited list of feature strings.
- style: Gets a style object.
- systemLanguage: Gets or sets a comma-separated list of language names.
- transform: Gets the value of a transform attribute.
- viewportElement: Gets the element that established the current viewport.
- xmlbase: Gets or sets the base attribute on the element.
- xmllang: Gets or sets a value that specifies the language that is used in the contents and attribute values of an element.
- xmlspace: Gets or sets a value that indicates whether white space is preserved in character data.
This article contains content originally from external sources.
Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]