Welcome to Web Platform Docs
Web Platform Docs is a community-driven site that aims to become a comprehensive and authoritative source for web developer documentation.
|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • 한국어 • Nederlands • português do Brasil • Türkçe • 中文 • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
Explore our web development docs
Introductory materials for those new to web development.
Conceptual and tutorial articles on topics such as how the web works, information architecture, typography, and web design.
Conceptual, tutorial, and reference materials for the main markup language of the web.
Conceptual, tutorial, and reference materials for Cascading style sheets (CSS).
Patterns, practices and business cases for making the web work for people with a diverse range of abilities.
Tutorial and reference materials for the Document Object Model (DOM) events and methods.
Tutorial and reference materials for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an XML markup language for describing two-dimensional vector graphics.
Web Platform Docs features
Web Platform Docs is still in alpha, but you can already find lots of valuable content on the site, including:
- How to use features of the open web, with syntax and examples
- What platforms and devices you can use various technologies on
- The current standardization, stability and implementation status of each technology specification
In the future, Web Platform Docs will include even more content for you to explore: live code examples, educators' resources and much more. To get there faster, we’d like to invite you to join us, and contribute your knowledge.
Contribute to Web Platform Docs
We’d love to have your help in improving Web Platform Docs. Even the slightest effort can have significant impact on the site; from alerting fellow developers about errors in our documentation, to fixing these errors, porting existing articles or even contributing completely new content. To learn more, please read our Contributor’s Guide.
- To file bugs on webplatform, use the Project Management page. Read our filing bugs page for more information.
- If you have a question about webplatform.org, please look for an answer in the FAQ first.
Stay in touch
- Chat with other editors in IRC: we're on irc.freenode.org, the #webplatform channel.
- Read our blog
- Follow us as @WebPlatform on Twitter
- Remix our logo and link back to our site
- Come to our Events like Doc Sprints.
The content on the Web Platform Docs wiki is available under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license, except where otherwise noted. For more details on our site policies, see our copyright and privacy policies, as well as our general policy page.