This page has been flagged with the following issues:
In the following code example, a title element is provided for an ellipse. When you hover over the ellipse, a tooltip may be displayed. Copy this sample to a text file and save it with the .html file extension. Run it in Internet Explorer 9 to see the greenyellow ellipse.
The ellipse will look like this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html> <head></head> <body> <svg width="400" height="400"> <ellipse cx="150" cy="100" rx="100" ry="75" fill="greenyellow"> <title>This is the title of an ellipse.</title> </ellipse> </svg> </body> </html>
Note: In addition to the attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles listed above, SVG elements also inherent core HTML attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles.
Each container element or graphics element in a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) drawing can provide a desc or a title textual description. The title elements are not rendered as part of the graphics. Instead, they appear as a tooltip as the the pointer moves over particular elements in the drawing.
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Document Structure, Section 5.11.6
The SVGTitleElement object has these properties:
- className: Gets the names of the classes that are assigned to this object.
- focusable: Determines if an element can acquire keyboard focus (that is, receive keyboard events) and be a target for field-to-field navigation actions (such as when a user presses the Tab key).
- ownerSVGElement: Gets the nearest ancestor svg element.
- style: Gets a style object.
- viewportElement: Gets the element that established the current viewport.
- xmlbase: Gets or sets the base attribute on the element.
- xmllang: Gets or sets a value that specifies the language that is used in the contents and attribute values of an element.
- xmlspace: Gets or sets a value that indicates whether white space is preserved in character data.
Related pages (MSDN)
This article contains content originally from external sources.
Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]