This page has been flagged with the following issues:
Note: In addition to the attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles listed above, SVG elements also inherent core HTML attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles.
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Text, Section 10.17.1
The SVGTextContentElement object has these methods:
- getCharNumAtPosition: Gets the index of the character that the glyph cell bounding box contains at the specified point.
- getComputedTextLength: Returns the total sum of all advance values from rendering all characters within the given text element.
- getEndPositionOfChar: Gets the current text position of the specified character after the character is rendered in the user coordinate system where the glyphs that correspond to the specified character are rendered.
- getExtentOfChar: Gets a rectangle that defines the minimum and maximum x-coordinate and y-coordinate values in the user coordinate system where the glyphs that correspond to the specified character are rendered.
- getNumberOfChars: Gets the total number of characters that are available for rendering within the current element.
- getRotationOfChar: Gets the rotation value of the specified character, relative to the current user coordinate system where the glyphs that corresponding to the specified character are rendered.
- getStartPositionOfChar: Gets the current text position of the specified character before the character is rendered in the user coordinate system where the glyphs that correspond to the specified character are rendered.
- getSubStringLength: Calculates the total sum of all advance values from rendering the specified substring of the characters.
- hasExtension: Determines if the specified extension is supported.
- selectSubString: Selects the specified substring, just as if a user selected the substring interactively.
The SVGTextContentElement object has these properties:
- className: Gets the names of the classes that are assigned to this object.
- externalResourcesRequired: Gets a value that indicates whether referenced resources that are not in the current document are required to correctly render a given element.
- focusable: Determines if an element can acquire keyboard focus (that is, receive keyboard events) and be a target for field-to-field navigation actions (such as when a user presses the Tab key).
- lengthAdjust: Gets or sets the lengthAdjust attribute on the given element.
- ownerSVGElement: Gets the nearest ancestor svg element.
- requiredExtensions: Gets a white space-delimited list of required language extensions.
- requiredFeatures: Gets or sets a white space-delimited list of feature strings.
- style: Gets a style object.
- systemLanguage: Gets or sets a comma-separated list of language names.
- textLength: Gets or sets the textLength attribute on the given element.
- viewportElement: Gets the element that established the current viewport.
- xmlbase: Gets or sets the base attribute on the element.
- xmllang: Gets or sets a value that specifies the language that is used in the contents and attribute values of an element.
- xmlspace: Gets or sets a value that indicates whether white space is preserved in character data.
This article contains content originally from external sources.
Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]