This article is Almost Ready.
The desc element (<desc>) provides a human readable description for container elements and graphics elements.
In the following code example, the desc element is used to define a description of an element. This element can be read programatically to analyze SVG structure.
Copy this sample to a text file and save it with the .html file extension. Run it in Internet Explorer 9 to see a greenyellow ellipse.
The element will look like this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html> <head></head> <body> <svg width="400" height="400"> <ellipse cx="150" cy="100" rx="100" ry="75" fill="greenyellow"> <desc>This is the description of an ellipse.</desc> </ellipse> </svg> </body> </html>
Note: In addition to the attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles listed above, SVG elements also inherent core HTML attributes, properties, events, methods, and styles.
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Document Structure, Section 5.11.5
The SVGDescElement object has these events:
- onload: Occurs when the browser has fully parsed the element and all of its descendants.
The SVGDescElement object has these properties:
- className: Gets the names of the classes that are assigned to this object.
- focusable: Determines if an element can acquire keyboard focus (that is, receive keyboard events) and be a target for field-to-field navigation actions (such as when a user presses the Tab key).
- ownerSVGElement: Gets the nearest ancestor svg element.
- style: Gets a style object.
- viewportElement: Gets the element that established the current viewport.
- xmlbase: Gets or sets the base attribute on the element.
- xmllang: Gets or sets a value that specifies the language that is used in the contents and attribute values of an element.
- xmlspace: Gets or sets a value that indicates whether white space is preserved in character data.
|SVG 1.1||W3C Recommendation|
|SVG Tiny 1.2||W3C Recommendation|
This article contains content originally from external sources.
Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]