The WebPlatform project has been discontinued when the Stewards partnership agreement ended in September 2015. This site has been frozen, and the assets we have created will remain.
This article is Not Ready.
The image type of the <input> element represents an image. The user can either use the image as a button to submit the form, or select a coordinate of the image to be submitted with the form data.
Needs Examples: This section should include examples.
The x-coordinate is submitted under the name of the control with
.x appended, and the y-coordinate is submitted under the name of the control with
.y appended. Any value property is ignored. The src property specifies the img element.
The following image and video file formats are supported:
- .avi—Audio-Visual Interleaved (AVI)
- .bmp—Windows Bitmap (BMP)
- .emf—Windows Enhanced Metafile (EMF)
- .png—Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- .png, .jpeg—Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG)
- .mov—Apple QuickTime Movie (MOV)
- .mpg, .mpeg—Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG)
- .png—Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- .wmf—Windows Metafile (WMF)
- .xbm—X Bitmap (XBM)
In IE8 Standards mode or later, the title attribute is preferred over the alt attribute when specified as a pop-up tooltip. In addition, the value of the src attribute depends on the current document compatibility mode.
- HTML 4.01 Specification, Section 17.4
- HTML5 A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML, Section 188.8.131.52.20
Related pages (MSDN)
This article contains content originally from external sources.
Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]