Welcome to Web Platform Docs
Web Platform Docs is a new community-driven site that aims to become a comprehensive and authoritative source for web developer documentation. Even though Web Platform Docs is still in alpha, you can already find lots of valuable content on the site, including information on:
- How to use features of the open web, with syntax and examples
- What platforms and devices you can use various technologies on
- What is the current standardization, stability and implementation status of each technology specification
In the future, Web Platform Docs will include even more content for you to explore such as live code examples, resources for educators and much more. To get there faster, we’d like to invite you to also contribute your knowledge. We hope you will join us!
Explore our web development docs
Note: If you have no previous knowledge, and want to learn the art of web design and development, start with our Web development for Beginners course.
Contribute to Web Platform Docs
We’d love to have your help in improving Web Platform Docs. Even the slightest effort can have significant impact on the site; from alerting fellow developers about errors in our documentation, to fixing these errors, porting existing articles or even contributing completely new content. To learn more, please read our Getting Started Guide.
If you have a question about webplatform.org, please look for an answer in the FAQ first.
Stay in touch
- Join our Q&A
- Meet the team on chat (for those of you wanting to connect using your own IRC client, you want irc.freenode.org, the webplatform channel).
- Read our blog
- Follow us as @WebPlatform on Twitter
- Remix our logo and link back to our site
The content on the Web Platform Docs wiki is available under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license, except where otherwise noted. For more details on our site policies, see our copyright and privacy policies, as well as our general policy page.